Promises to myself (October 2018)

I know, I just mentioned that I don’t have long term plans. But this is not a plan. These are  the things I want to promise myself that I will do for the next months. It is too early for a new year’s resolution anyway and to be honest I don’t really do new year’s resolution.


  1. I promise to travel more. I want to explore. I promise to go to new places. Experience things. I always believe that travelling makes you grow. It will also make you broke. But hey, the experiences you gather while travelling is priceless.
  2. I promise to save more. I am, admittedly, poor in handling my money. (I know, okay). Recently, the convenience of online shopping has gotten into me. I never realized how addicted I got, until I have items delivered to my office almost every other day. (This is all your fault, Shopee). But for the next months, I would like to give myself a good amount of savings in my bank. I have savings, but not enough. And if I really want to travel, I need to have a travel fund.
  3. I promise to read more. I am not a bookworm. But I do like reading. Back in college, aside from watching series, I usually spend my spare time reading. I remember, one Christmas, instead of asking my mom for new clothes, I asked her if she can buy me one set of Harry Potter books. So maybe this time, I should target one book every quarter? (wow, tamad)
  4. I promise to be better. I need to be kinder. I need to do good things more. I am not a bad person, but I am not always a good person either. I know that in life, you always need to improve. So I am promising myself to improve, in all aspects of life. (Hopefully)
I want to give myself the time and focus that it lost when I got lost in life. (Whew. Deep) This is the reason why I wrote these promises. This entry will serve as my "KPI" to myself. At the end of each quarter, I will assess myself, if I did achieve my promise. (Shempre tutuparin natin yung mga pangako natin sa sarili natin. Hindi na nga niya tinupad yung pangako nya sayo eh.) And also, since my plans (yes I have plans, deal with it!)were changed, I need to focus on something else. :)


"Na ang bawat pangarap, bawat pangako, at bawat plano ay para sana sa iyo" - Gimena, 2018


Comments